I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance Curator & Writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Arts & Music Editor for Manchester's Finest & I write for Independent Voices, Guardian Northerner, Telegraph and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a completely irrelevant picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- Friday night treats @kevburkeguitar http://t.co/JuaV0q31M6 7 hours ago
- RT @canalstmancs: What a good idea..#canalstcard fb.me/2PBjxCVrq 9 hours ago
- I have cava in the fridge! Just a thought… #almostfriday #asinpropernoneworkyfriday 9 hours ago
- RT @pankhearst: Feministe: Pigtails and Pedophiles: Yes, that’s the actual name of a party hosted at Drake Univ... bit.ly/IVzGTI v… 9 hours ago
- Hope, humour and the human endeavor!
- This homogenised pornified sexuality is far from liberating, and pop is taking it mainstream!
- How can the battle of the sexes ever resolve while the battle for real sex education is raging
- Sartorial brass!
- While Michael Gove would rather not see, hear or speak about sex education, young people are getting theirs online!
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
Monthly Archives: February 2011
51/314 “The British film industry really stretches itself by making a film about a posh bloke with a stammer” or, “Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, underdog does good, big yawn” are the types of geeky tweets about the Oscar news today. This … Continue reading
50/315 In the Telegraph today, Lucy Jones, commenting on the news that U2 were set to headline the forthcoming festival asked “Has the festival lost its edge?” It seems the three headliners are now set to be Coldplay, Beyonce and … Continue reading
49/316 Cooking is, without a doubt therapeutic. I’m not talking about the usual making the tea routine that you struggle to fit into your daily to-do list that never, ever all gets done. I’m talking about cooking for cooking’s sake. … Continue reading
47/318 London Fashion Week is drawing to a close – the event that has been hogging our fashion mag spreads and arts & culture headlines. Whilst I would like to say I am so in the know that I have … Continue reading
46/319 Considering they’ve been going since 2007, I have only just today heard of The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, courtesy of on-the-pulse DJ Michelle Zenner via Twitter. Their new single Belong was released on iTunes yesterday and is … Continue reading
45/320 Today I saw a picture preview (courtesy of the BBC) of some of Alexander McQueen’s fantastic designs soon to be displayed at New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art. Organized by The Costume Institute, around 100 items are to make … Continue reading
44/321 “By the power of Greyskull” or some considerate and well thought out adult conversation and family planning, Lorca Cohen (Leonard Cohen’s daughter), Rufus Wainwright and his partner Jörn Weisbrodt are the happy parents of a little baby girl (I’m … Continue reading
43/322 How wonderful it is to run your own personal website. Be it a blog or otherwise, it is a great opportunity to express yourself freely; to share with others what you choose; and to have thousands of people mock … Continue reading