I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Manchester's Finest & I write for Guardian Northerner and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- As bad as it sounds, I am actually thinking an uber over friendly and jokey call centre assistant is MORE annoying than a grumpfest! 9 minutes ago
- Right twittists: Going to Ullswater, want to take iPad, discovered that o2 have NO reception in Whitby, how about the lakes? 18 hours ago
- RT @BlankMedia: @misterenderby Call-out for #feminism exhibition/book/event. Artists: tinyurl.com/d7lcgvr & Contributors: http://t.co/0r… 20 hours ago
- RT @Artzu: RT @blankmedia: @Artzu Call-out for exhibition/book/event. Artists: tinyurl.com/d7lcgvr & contributors tinyurl.com/cefpea5 20 hours ago
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
- The Country Wife at the Royal Exchange
- I interview Shell Zenner – The godmother of new music
- Bringing classical music out of the concert hall and into the art world!
- I discuss ‘Madchester’ with Dave Haslam
- Blank Media Collective Projector Series
Monthly Archives: January 2012
Oh the joys of pre-bought tickets. Last weekend started with Eggs Royal with my lovely friend Toni at Teacup in town. This was good because it meant a diary entry of “Toni, Teacup, 10”, (alliteratively meaning good conversation, warmth and … Continue reading
Amidst a week of ‘back to work’ and ‘January blues’ tweets came a sudden and unavoidable buzz amongst the creative Mancs in my network (in particular Debbie Manley who is the ‘what’s on’ font of all Mancunian knowledge. Statuses and … Continue reading