I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Manchester's Finest & I write for Guardian Northerner and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- How is it possible not to get up and dance to Michael Jackson #smoothcriminal #dirtydiana Good choice @KevBurkeGuitar 2 hours ago
- Whoever is seeing @bipolarsunshine tonight at @AntwerpMansion will have a great night!!! Gutted I can't catch any of his Manchester dates :( 1 day ago
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
- The Country Wife at the Royal Exchange
- I interview Shell Zenner – The godmother of new music
- Bringing classical music out of the concert hall and into the art world!
- I discuss ‘Madchester’ with Dave Haslam
- Blank Media Collective Projector Series
Monthly Archives: July 2012
Celebrated for their unique take on classic texts, the Lyric Hammersmith and Filter Theatre Productions bring to the Royal Exchange Theatre a deconstruction of A Midsummer Night’s Dream that will leave you gobsmacked. All I could think to say as … Continue reading
First you have mega-music retailers – Have they got it? Is it on special offer? Can I get out quickly? You have downloads – Check my emails, see who’s tweeting, download that album. Then you have proper independent music shops. … Continue reading
For a group whose music seems to sit entirely outside of time, it is interesting to know that when recording their new album Your heart, it carries the sound, Last Harbour “wanted the album to come from somewhere, to be … Continue reading