I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance Curator & Writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Arts & Music Editor for Manchester's Finest & I write for Independent Voices, Guardian Northerner, Telegraph and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a completely irrelevant picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- Doodling along to doctor Cordelia fine my new hero! http://t.co/v4AVpRc9Hh 22 hours ago
- RT @canalstmancs: Jackie Kay at Contact canal-st.co.uk/?news/jackie-k… via @canalstmanc #canalst #queercontact 22 hours ago
- RT @lemnsissay: Places available at The Christmas Dinner Table #TCD2013... fb.me/2KLt5IV4f 23 hours ago
- RT @PennyRed: If anybody would like to talk to me, confidentially, about the police raids on sex workers in Soho, I can be contacted at lau… 1 day ago
- Hope, humour and the human endeavor!
- This homogenised pornified sexuality is far from liberating, and pop is taking it mainstream!
- How can the battle of the sexes ever resolve while the battle for real sex education is raging
- Sartorial brass!
- While Michael Gove would rather not see, hear or speak about sex education, young people are getting theirs online!
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
Monthly Archives: July 2012
Celebrated for their unique take on classic texts, the Lyric Hammersmith and Filter Theatre Productions bring to the Royal Exchange Theatre a deconstruction of A Midsummer Night’s Dream that will leave you gobsmacked. All I could think to say as … Continue reading
First you have mega-music retailers – Have they got it? Is it on special offer? Can I get out quickly? You have downloads – Check my emails, see who’s tweeting, download that album. Then you have proper independent music shops. … Continue reading
For a group whose music seems to sit entirely outside of time, it is interesting to know that when recording their new album Your heart, it carries the sound, Last Harbour “wanted the album to come from somewhere, to be … Continue reading