I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance Curator & Writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Arts & Music Editor for Manchester's Finest & I write for Independent Voices, Guardian Northerner, Telegraph and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a completely irrelevant picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- RT @HistoricalPics: "If you have one foot in yesterday and one foot in tomorrow, you're pissing all over today." - Michael J. Fox http://t.… 16 hours ago
- roast potatoes are ALWAYS a good idea hey @KevBurkeGuitar #sundaydinner 17 hours ago
- Had an AMAZING time last, festivities with @KevBurkeGuitar & clan. @taurusbar was SO bustling, @Le_Nosh & co couldn't have done more! 19 hours ago
- RT @jonnohopkins: How to get my girlfriend up. vine.co/v/hQepbqZpxMr 19 hours ago
- Hope, humour and the human endeavor!
- This homogenised pornified sexuality is far from liberating, and pop is taking it mainstream!
- How can the battle of the sexes ever resolve while the battle for real sex education is raging
- Sartorial brass!
- While Michael Gove would rather not see, hear or speak about sex education, young people are getting theirs online!
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
Category Archives: Gender & Equality
Far from pushing boundaries, what the recent spate of pop videos show are women well and truly towing the line. Miley Cyrus! I thought I’d get the name out there straight away so you can be done with rolling your … Continue reading
The education secretary continues to overlook the campaign for better sex education. Yet how can the battle of the sexes ever resolve while the battle for real sex education is raging, and everything from pop to porn fills in the … Continue reading
While Michael Gove would rather not see, hear or speak about sex education, young people are getting theirs online!
It seems everybody is wanting real sex! So ahead of the Education Secretary’s party conference speech, myself and two other campaigners dressed as the ‘three wise Michaels’ to campaign for better sex education. Porn, Porn Porn, Porn, Porn! It’s not … Continue reading
At a recent social gathering there was a consensus of horror when I revealed my phone. It is a complete brick, a rubber one at that, for no matter how many times I have gone at its life, it has … Continue reading
Find a review of The Country Wife that doesn’t include the word romp and i’ll eat my hat (disclaimer: I totally wont). Don’t get me wrong, this restoration comedy is certainly full of frolics, fun and feistiness (and the implication … Continue reading
On the whole, a play by Strindberg (1849-1912) is never going to be a day at the races, though if you count the two tragic deaths at this year’s Grand National, then maybe it is. A prolific writer who often … Continue reading
Now I’m fond of a bit of retro styling (80’s trash, early 60’s Rock & Roll fash, 40’s tailoring etc), but while I like to stylistically look back, I am under no ‘good old days’ delusion, style or otherwise. For … Continue reading
Getting ready to go out to the Bags of Attitude exhibition this morning, I spotted a facebook ‘friend’ casually criticising the orientation and body size of feminists. Following a swift report, block, delete (if only real life were that simple) … Continue reading
113/252 Seeing as though this month’s fash mags are full of outfits and styles I actually find rather cool, I am left with no alternative but to head elsewhere for my read and rant desires. This sick need, like that … Continue reading
95/270 When John Lennon wrote Imagine, he offered us plenty of food for thought, and lots to think about, and loads of other utopian style clichés that generally seem simultaneously both a really good idea and pretty much unattainable. You … Continue reading