I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Manchester's Finest & I write for Guardian Northerner and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- Right twittists: Going to Ullswater, want to take iPad, discovered that o2 have NO reception in Whitby, how about the lakes? 1 hour ago
- RT @BlankMedia: @misterenderby Call-out for #feminism exhibition/book/event. Artists: tinyurl.com/d7lcgvr & Contributors: http://t.co/0r… 3 hours ago
- RT @Artzu: RT @blankmedia: @Artzu Call-out for exhibition/book/event. Artists: tinyurl.com/d7lcgvr & contributors tinyurl.com/cefpea5 3 hours ago
- RT @stridentfemnst: Your ad is on a page that promotes rape, @audible_com. Will you still advertise with @Facebook? #fbrape http://t.co/Cdz… 3 hours ago
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
- The Country Wife at the Royal Exchange
- I interview Shell Zenner – The godmother of new music
- Bringing classical music out of the concert hall and into the art world!
- I discuss ‘Madchester’ with Dave Haslam
- Blank Media Collective Projector Series
Category Archives: Health & fitness
98/267 One of my favourite poets, Angela Readman today tweeted to ask if anyone else, apart from her, was suffering from sun fever. My immediate reply was indication enough, that yes, I too was a fellow sufferer. I have the … Continue reading
89/276 Is basically a big no no. Since running this 365 I have regularly enjoyed the delicious indulgence of sitting at my computer and immersing myself into an album or track for a while. I am an eternal fond fan … Continue reading
85/280 I’ve mentioned it to pretty much everyone I know because I am not modest or unmartyr-ey and appreciate acknowledgement for my pains and efforts. This year I am running the Bupa 10k Great Manchester run for Anti-Slavery International. Now … Continue reading
84/281 There was a mildly thought provoking article in this Sunday’s Observer by Euan Ferguson about fashion’s attraction to smoking. In Darling, you’re smoking, Euan looks at the glamour, the reality and the attraction of smoking in the world of … Continue reading
79/286 Following the general floaty euphoric state the Elbow gig left us in this weekend, we had a bit of a shock last night to discover the clocks had gone forward. It is nothing new for me and my other … Continue reading
66/299 Three days ago I was writing about the joys of vintage. Ah, those were the days when my head was full of inventive outfit ideas and unusually tacky 80s fabrics. Two days ago I was at a fantastic vintage … Continue reading
62/303 I make no secret of my natural love and total naffness at running and because I actually have nothing much to be proud of, I can happily talk about it. It is mediocre to say the least and highly … Continue reading
31/334 There have been several write-ups following the death of Samantha Hancox who, aged only 40, was found dead in the house she had not left for over 18 years. OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) had totally consumed her every waking … Continue reading