I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Manchester's Finest & I write for Guardian Northerner and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- very boring tweet I know but do like to share my baking dilemmas with everyone when there's nobody about to see my dramatics! #bakingdrama 1 day ago
- Going to use whole milk instead of the full amount of yoghurt in my soda bread. Guessing ill regret this! 1 day ago
- How is it possible not to get up and dance to Michael Jackson #smoothcriminal #dirtydiana Good choice @KevBurkeGuitar 1 day ago
- Whoever is seeing @bipolarsunshine tonight at @AntwerpMansion will have a great night!!! Gutted I can't catch any of his Manchester dates :( 3 days ago
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
- The Country Wife at the Royal Exchange
- I interview Shell Zenner – The godmother of new music
- Bringing classical music out of the concert hall and into the art world!
- I discuss ‘Madchester’ with Dave Haslam
- Blank Media Collective Projector Series
Category Archives: Leisure
Like your best bitched about local bus service, having written one piece about twitter, another follows quickly after. Of course I would have written it a damned site quicker had I been able to stay off the bleeding thing. But … Continue reading
104/261 I am still recovering from a fantastic weekend in the Lake District. By still recovering, I mean, still struggling to come to terms with the fact that I have to get up and… work, rather than get up, ride … Continue reading
98/267 One of my favourite poets, Angela Readman today tweeted to ask if anyone else, apart from her, was suffering from sun fever. My immediate reply was indication enough, that yes, I too was a fellow sufferer. I have the … Continue reading
83/282 Weekends are when most of us get to relax and have fun. If, like me and my other good half, you work long/late/random hours through the week, the weekend is it – the one time to let off steam, … Continue reading