I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance Curator & Writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Arts & Music Editor for Manchester's Finest & I write for Independent Voices, Guardian Northerner, Telegraph and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a completely irrelevant picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- Friday night treats @kevburkeguitar http://t.co/JuaV0q31M6 8 hours ago
- RT @canalstmancs: What a good idea..#canalstcard fb.me/2PBjxCVrq 9 hours ago
- I have cava in the fridge! Just a thought… #almostfriday #asinpropernoneworkyfriday 9 hours ago
- RT @pankhearst: Feministe: Pigtails and Pedophiles: Yes, that’s the actual name of a party hosted at Drake Univ... bit.ly/IVzGTI v… 9 hours ago
- Hope, humour and the human endeavor!
- This homogenised pornified sexuality is far from liberating, and pop is taking it mainstream!
- How can the battle of the sexes ever resolve while the battle for real sex education is raging
- Sartorial brass!
- While Michael Gove would rather not see, hear or speak about sex education, young people are getting theirs online!
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
Category Archives: News
While Michael Gove would rather not see, hear or speak about sex education, young people are getting theirs online!
It seems everybody is wanting real sex! So ahead of the Education Secretary’s party conference speech, myself and two other campaigners dressed as the ‘three wise Michaels’ to campaign for better sex education. Porn, Porn Porn, Porn, Porn! It’s not … Continue reading
At a recent social gathering there was a consensus of horror when I revealed my phone. It is a complete brick, a rubber one at that, for no matter how many times I have gone at its life, it has … Continue reading
74/291 Within what feels like minutes, people all over facebook and twitter have changed their profile pics to various beautiful images of Elizabeth Taylor; people are tweeting humorous quotes by her; YouTube clips of her finest film moments are posted … Continue reading
60/305 Jessica Reed from the Guardian’s Comment Is Free, kindly tweeted about a piece today written by feminist writer Jill Filipovic, for Comment is Free America. In her article Traditional marriage is dead. Let’s celebrate which basically explored how “A … Continue reading
52/313 The best response to the news that Anti-gay Christian couple lose battle to become foster parents was: “Good. I have a LOT of religious tolerance but only for tolerant religions,” by random commenter Chris Horner. I couldn’t have put … Continue reading
30/335 “Guess what,” said Kevin my partner before he was even fully through the door. “I know” I replied. We both knew and it was the first thing we wanted to tell each other. Gary Moore has died, he was … Continue reading
21/344 There is something deeply disturbing about the Daily Mail (yes I know the sentence should end there) and its obsessive condemnation of women with… wait for it… Tattoos! The most recent victim was regular journo-fodder Cheryl Cole, who underneath … Continue reading