I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Manchester's Finest & I write for Guardian Northerner and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- RT @ParisLees: Working class white girl here from the East Midlands. I hate what you symbolise @Official_EDL, you don't represent me or the… 14 hours ago
- RT @BlankMedia: And submissions for the #equals publication are welcome from illustrators/essayists/photographers/poets/writers http://t.co… 16 hours ago
- RT @BlankMedia: A reminder that the call-out for contributors for the #equals event includes musicians/performers/video artists http://t.co… 16 hours ago
- Ah people who complain about the "PC Brigade" really do tend to be #sexist and/or #racist #bigots time to #unfriend 16 hours ago
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
- The Country Wife at the Royal Exchange
- I interview Shell Zenner – The godmother of new music
- Bringing classical music out of the concert hall and into the art world!
- I discuss ‘Madchester’ with Dave Haslam
- Blank Media Collective Projector Series
Tag Archives: Austra
According to my iTunes playcount, Kuedo’s album Severant has clocked-up over 200 plays. This doesn’t include the many times i’ve listened to it on my iPod out and about or in my car. It may be safe to say that … Continue reading
Amidst a week of hail and sleet, facing the kind of cold concrete scapes that make it necessary to perma-wear your fella’s hoodie, I discovered at last some new music to inspire me. Being inclined towards the over-dramatics, I am … Continue reading
115/250 Having been listening to Belong by The Pains of Being Pure At Heart on repeat for well over a month now (nicely alternated with Feel It Break by Austra, another on my must see list), I was as giddy … Continue reading
107/258 As anyone who know me knows (I wonder how many times I say and write that sentence, maybe they don’t bloody well know, maybe they are too blummin bored to take notice), I am fond of buying the odd … Continue reading
106/259 It’s Friday and the old cliché of wine o’clock begins to circulate on texts, facebook, twitter and whatever other procrastinating device you choose. For some bizarre reason I find it stupidly cosy to know what everyone’s treat of choice … Continue reading
101/264 Only yesterday I reviewed The Beat and the Pulse by Toronto three-piece Austra. Their sound has since been haunting me that much that I have been this morning obsessing over another track of theirs Lose It. I find in … Continue reading