I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance Curator & Writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Arts & Music Editor for Manchester's Finest & I write for Independent Voices, Guardian Northerner, Telegraph and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a completely irrelevant picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- RT @ThingsToDoinMcr: Does anyone have commercial kitchen space in Manchester they can hire out for couple of hours tomorrow & potentially l… 6 hours ago
- I'm out literally every single evening next week #itsbeginningtolookalotlikechristmas #actuallythatsanexcuseimalush 6 hours ago
- From now on if anybody crosses me i'm going to BLIGHT their kettle!! Inspired by 'The Power Of The Witch' #nocaffeineforyoutwatty *laughs* 7 hours ago
- Mad Med 6 had arrived. This means much TV joy & a warm blanket for me & @KevBurkeGuitar #tvtime #madmen 7 hours ago
- Hope, humour and the human endeavor!
- This homogenised pornified sexuality is far from liberating, and pop is taking it mainstream!
- How can the battle of the sexes ever resolve while the battle for real sex education is raging
- Sartorial brass!
- While Michael Gove would rather not see, hear or speak about sex education, young people are getting theirs online!
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
Tag Archives: Belong
115/250 Having been listening to Belong by The Pains of Being Pure At Heart on repeat for well over a month now (nicely alternated with Feel It Break by Austra, another on my must see list), I was as giddy … Continue reading
99/266 I am an avid hat lover. In fact it doesn’t just have to be a hat; a beautiful or bizarre band, fantastic fascinator, horrendous headpiece or even just hugely backcombed and ribbonned hair is good to me. A fantastic … Continue reading
98/267 One of my favourite poets, Angela Readman today tweeted to ask if anyone else, apart from her, was suffering from sun fever. My immediate reply was indication enough, that yes, I too was a fellow sufferer. I have the … Continue reading
97/268 I have always had a vintage bug, an addiction I feed happily with regular vintage market jaunts (heroin) and charity shop visits (methadone). However, due to unforeseen circumstances (serious words for serious times), I found myself out of new … Continue reading
96/269 A good few weeks back I had the pleasure of reviewing Belong the single by The Pains of Being Pure at Heart. In anticipation of their then forthcoming album, I concluded the review with: “I am looking forward to … Continue reading