I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance Curator & Writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Arts & Music Editor for Manchester's Finest & I write for Independent Voices, Guardian Northerner, Telegraph and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a completely irrelevant picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- Friday night treats @kevburkeguitar http://t.co/JuaV0q31M6 13 hours ago
- RT @canalstmancs: What a good idea..#canalstcard fb.me/2PBjxCVrq 15 hours ago
- I have cava in the fridge! Just a thought… #almostfriday #asinpropernoneworkyfriday 15 hours ago
- RT @pankhearst: Feministe: Pigtails and Pedophiles: Yes, that’s the actual name of a party hosted at Drake Univ... bit.ly/IVzGTI v… 15 hours ago
- Hope, humour and the human endeavor!
- This homogenised pornified sexuality is far from liberating, and pop is taking it mainstream!
- How can the battle of the sexes ever resolve while the battle for real sex education is raging
- Sartorial brass!
- While Michael Gove would rather not see, hear or speak about sex education, young people are getting theirs online!
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
Tag Archives: Build A Rocket Boys!
102/263 …Quite literally in every sense of the phrase. In this week’s singles reviewed, Gavin Haynes, a rather grotty and miserable writer for the NME reviews, amongst other songs, Elbow’s Open Arms. Now, anyone who knows me or this blog … Continue reading
84/281 There was a mildly thought provoking article in this Sunday’s Observer by Euan Ferguson about fashion’s attraction to smoking. In Darling, you’re smoking, Euan looks at the glamour, the reality and the attraction of smoking in the world of … Continue reading
83/282 Weekends are when most of us get to relax and have fun. If, like me and my other good half, you work long/late/random hours through the week, the weekend is it – the one time to let off steam, … Continue reading
79/286 Following the general floaty euphoric state the Elbow gig left us in this weekend, we had a bit of a shock last night to discover the clocks had gone forward. It is nothing new for me and my other … Continue reading
68/297 These were the questions asked by Tim Jonze in today’s Guardian interview with The Gossip’s front woman Beth Ditto. The interviewer, blatantly uncomfortable with Beth’s intimate and comfortable style (the interview took place on a bed under low lighting, … Continue reading
66/299 Three days ago I was writing about the joys of vintage. Ah, those were the days when my head was full of inventive outfit ideas and unusually tacky 80s fabrics. Two days ago I was at a fantastic vintage … Continue reading
63/302 I love clothes, make-up and wearing totally ridiculous over the top things. It’s a fun and creative way to express a mood, contribute towards an atmosphere or create a character for the day/evening. I really believe that almost anyone … Continue reading