I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Manchester's Finest & I write for Guardian Northerner and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- As bad as it sounds, I am actually thinking an uber over friendly and jokey call centre assistant is MORE annoying than a grumpfest! 30 minutes ago
- Right twittists: Going to Ullswater, want to take iPad, discovered that o2 have NO reception in Whitby, how about the lakes? 18 hours ago
- RT @BlankMedia: @misterenderby Call-out for #feminism exhibition/book/event. Artists: tinyurl.com/d7lcgvr & Contributors: http://t.co/0r… 20 hours ago
- RT @Artzu: RT @blankmedia: @Artzu Call-out for exhibition/book/event. Artists: tinyurl.com/d7lcgvr & contributors tinyurl.com/cefpea5 20 hours ago
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
- The Country Wife at the Royal Exchange
- I interview Shell Zenner – The godmother of new music
- Bringing classical music out of the concert hall and into the art world!
- I discuss ‘Madchester’ with Dave Haslam
- Blank Media Collective Projector Series
Tag Archives: Build A Rocket Boys!
102/263 …Quite literally in every sense of the phrase. In this week’s singles reviewed, Gavin Haynes, a rather grotty and miserable writer for the NME reviews, amongst other songs, Elbow’s Open Arms. Now, anyone who knows me or this blog … Continue reading
84/281 There was a mildly thought provoking article in this Sunday’s Observer by Euan Ferguson about fashion’s attraction to smoking. In Darling, you’re smoking, Euan looks at the glamour, the reality and the attraction of smoking in the world of … Continue reading
83/282 Weekends are when most of us get to relax and have fun. If, like me and my other good half, you work long/late/random hours through the week, the weekend is it – the one time to let off steam, … Continue reading
79/286 Following the general floaty euphoric state the Elbow gig left us in this weekend, we had a bit of a shock last night to discover the clocks had gone forward. It is nothing new for me and my other … Continue reading
68/297 These were the questions asked by Tim Jonze in today’s Guardian interview with The Gossip’s front woman Beth Ditto. The interviewer, blatantly uncomfortable with Beth’s intimate and comfortable style (the interview took place on a bed under low lighting, … Continue reading
66/299 Three days ago I was writing about the joys of vintage. Ah, those were the days when my head was full of inventive outfit ideas and unusually tacky 80s fabrics. Two days ago I was at a fantastic vintage … Continue reading
63/302 I love clothes, make-up and wearing totally ridiculous over the top things. It’s a fun and creative way to express a mood, contribute towards an atmosphere or create a character for the day/evening. I really believe that almost anyone … Continue reading