I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance Curator & Writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Arts & Music Editor for Manchester's Finest & I write for Independent Voices, Guardian Northerner, Telegraph and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a completely irrelevant picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- Why is it 11degrees? Sort of resent it when I keep finding myself on busy trains in my winter coat! 52 minutes ago
- RT @DJstewartwho: Thought @suzanne_moore nailed it pretty sharp on the topic of #ketamine & the debate around #drugs. *applause*: http://t.… 4 hours ago
- Who is playing in town? My train station is FULL of school kids (mainly female) 4 hours ago
- Well we have a christmas tree, just no time yet to decorate it #festivefrustrations 10 hours ago
- Hope, humour and the human endeavor!
- This homogenised pornified sexuality is far from liberating, and pop is taking it mainstream!
- How can the battle of the sexes ever resolve while the battle for real sex education is raging
- Sartorial brass!
- While Michael Gove would rather not see, hear or speak about sex education, young people are getting theirs online!
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
Tag Archives: Collapse into Now
80/285 Following on from their self-titled debut album Friendly Fires are set to release their nemesis second album. Pala, on the 15th May 2011. Their first release let loose a set of respectably decent, though far from ground breaking, electro/indie … Continue reading
74/291 Within what feels like minutes, people all over facebook and twitter have changed their profile pics to various beautiful images of Elizabeth Taylor; people are tweeting humorous quotes by her; YouTube clips of her finest film moments are posted … Continue reading
66/299 Three days ago I was writing about the joys of vintage. Ah, those were the days when my head was full of inventive outfit ideas and unusually tacky 80s fabrics. Two days ago I was at a fantastic vintage … Continue reading
59/306 It’s not only International Women’s Day, but today actually marks the centenary of International Women’s Day. That’s right, for 100 years the world has been celebrating the achievements of women and acknowledging their contribution towards all that is good … Continue reading
58/307 Having thoroughly enjoyed 2008’s Accelarate I have been eagerly awaiting R.E.M.’s 15th studio album, close to their 30th anniversary as a band. I liked that Accelarate was a direct punch-in-your-face response to what can only be described as an … Continue reading
56/309 Days before the excitedly anticipated forthcoming R.E.M album Collapse into Now (I am both over-excited and anticipating much greatness), R.E.M HQ, the official band website, release the news of the Collapse into Now Film Project. To work alongside the … Continue reading