I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Manchester's Finest & I write for Guardian Northerner and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- very boring tweet I know but do like to share my baking dilemmas with everyone when there's nobody about to see my dramatics! #bakingdrama 1 day ago
- Going to use whole milk instead of the full amount of yoghurt in my soda bread. Guessing ill regret this! 1 day ago
- How is it possible not to get up and dance to Michael Jackson #smoothcriminal #dirtydiana Good choice @KevBurkeGuitar 1 day ago
- Whoever is seeing @bipolarsunshine tonight at @AntwerpMansion will have a great night!!! Gutted I can't catch any of his Manchester dates :( 3 days ago
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
- The Country Wife at the Royal Exchange
- I interview Shell Zenner – The godmother of new music
- Bringing classical music out of the concert hall and into the art world!
- I discuss ‘Madchester’ with Dave Haslam
- Blank Media Collective Projector Series
Tag Archives: Collapse into Now
80/285 Following on from their self-titled debut album Friendly Fires are set to release their nemesis second album. Pala, on the 15th May 2011. Their first release let loose a set of respectably decent, though far from ground breaking, electro/indie … Continue reading
74/291 Within what feels like minutes, people all over facebook and twitter have changed their profile pics to various beautiful images of Elizabeth Taylor; people are tweeting humorous quotes by her; YouTube clips of her finest film moments are posted … Continue reading
66/299 Three days ago I was writing about the joys of vintage. Ah, those were the days when my head was full of inventive outfit ideas and unusually tacky 80s fabrics. Two days ago I was at a fantastic vintage … Continue reading
59/306 It’s not only International Women’s Day, but today actually marks the centenary of International Women’s Day. That’s right, for 100 years the world has been celebrating the achievements of women and acknowledging their contribution towards all that is good … Continue reading
58/307 Having thoroughly enjoyed 2008’s Accelarate I have been eagerly awaiting R.E.M.’s 15th studio album, close to their 30th anniversary as a band. I liked that Accelarate was a direct punch-in-your-face response to what can only be described as an … Continue reading
56/309 Days before the excitedly anticipated forthcoming R.E.M album Collapse into Now (I am both over-excited and anticipating much greatness), R.E.M HQ, the official band website, release the news of the Collapse into Now Film Project. To work alongside the … Continue reading