I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Manchester's Finest & I write for Guardian Northerner and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- RT @ParisLees: Working class white girl here from the East Midlands. I hate what you symbolise @Official_EDL, you don't represent me or the… 22 hours ago
- RT @BlankMedia: And submissions for the #equals publication are welcome from illustrators/essayists/photographers/poets/writers http://t.co… 23 hours ago
- RT @BlankMedia: A reminder that the call-out for contributors for the #equals event includes musicians/performers/video artists http://t.co… 23 hours ago
- Ah people who complain about the "PC Brigade" really do tend to be #sexist and/or #racist #bigots time to #unfriend 23 hours ago
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
- The Country Wife at the Royal Exchange
- I interview Shell Zenner – The godmother of new music
- Bringing classical music out of the concert hall and into the art world!
- I discuss ‘Madchester’ with Dave Haslam
- Blank Media Collective Projector Series
Tag Archives: Come dine with me
71/294 I read an interesting thing in the Observer magazine this morning. Yes I do a lot of that, reading interesting things in the paper and then talking about it. However this is a respectable thing to do, and one … Continue reading
65/300 I’ve just watched Come Dine With Me. A prime time show that simultaneously feeds my totally crap TV need whilst serving up lashings of social insight into the lives, opinions and generally odd qualities of people in this country. … Continue reading
41/324 Why doesn’t a social occasion that feel right without food? I’m not talking about a night on the town – night clubs, cocktail bars and so on. In fact on funky nights on the town I stay well away … Continue reading
32/333 I complained about the boredom of fashion mags around Valentine’s Day a week or so ago. It is dull to have fashion spreads replaced by photos of bra and knicker sets, especially if they aren’t even shown on a … Continue reading
10/355 Having a rare evening off together we decided tonight to do something really special, we searched catch up for a session of Come dine with me. They seem to be on at some point throughout the week so we … Continue reading