I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Manchester's Finest & I write for Guardian Northerner and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- very boring tweet I know but do like to share my baking dilemmas with everyone when there's nobody about to see my dramatics! #bakingdrama 14 hours ago
- Going to use whole milk instead of the full amount of yoghurt in my soda bread. Guessing ill regret this! 14 hours ago
- How is it possible not to get up and dance to Michael Jackson #smoothcriminal #dirtydiana Good choice @KevBurkeGuitar 18 hours ago
- Whoever is seeing @bipolarsunshine tonight at @AntwerpMansion will have a great night!!! Gutted I can't catch any of his Manchester dates :( 2 days ago
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
- The Country Wife at the Royal Exchange
- I interview Shell Zenner – The godmother of new music
- Bringing classical music out of the concert hall and into the art world!
- I discuss ‘Madchester’ with Dave Haslam
- Blank Media Collective Projector Series
Tag Archives: Elbow
102/263 …Quite literally in every sense of the phrase. In this week’s singles reviewed, Gavin Haynes, a rather grotty and miserable writer for the NME reviews, amongst other songs, Elbow’s Open Arms. Now, anyone who knows me or this blog … Continue reading
91/274 The Guardian today had a far more cleverly titled article called Tracks of our tears, and seeing as though I can’t think of a title that refers to both songs and being upset in a witty and concise way, … Continue reading
84/281 There was a mildly thought provoking article in this Sunday’s Observer by Euan Ferguson about fashion’s attraction to smoking. In Darling, you’re smoking, Euan looks at the glamour, the reality and the attraction of smoking in the world of … Continue reading
83/282 Weekends are when most of us get to relax and have fun. If, like me and my other good half, you work long/late/random hours through the week, the weekend is it – the one time to let off steam, … Continue reading
79/286 Following the general floaty euphoric state the Elbow gig left us in this weekend, we had a bit of a shock last night to discover the clocks had gone forward. It is nothing new for me and my other … Continue reading
78/287 I have been looking forward to this gig for months. I wanted the tickets so bad I paid extra for them on ebay (not out of first choice obviously, I’m not that weird). In the week leading up to … Continue reading
68/297 These were the questions asked by Tim Jonze in today’s Guardian interview with The Gossip’s front woman Beth Ditto. The interviewer, blatantly uncomfortable with Beth’s intimate and comfortable style (the interview took place on a bed under low lighting, … Continue reading