I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Manchester's Finest & I write for Guardian Northerner and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- very boring tweet I know but do like to share my baking dilemmas with everyone when there's nobody about to see my dramatics! #bakingdrama 8 hours ago
- Going to use whole milk instead of the full amount of yoghurt in my soda bread. Guessing ill regret this! 8 hours ago
- How is it possible not to get up and dance to Michael Jackson #smoothcriminal #dirtydiana Good choice @KevBurkeGuitar 12 hours ago
- Whoever is seeing @bipolarsunshine tonight at @AntwerpMansion will have a great night!!! Gutted I can't catch any of his Manchester dates :( 2 days ago
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
- The Country Wife at the Royal Exchange
- I interview Shell Zenner – The godmother of new music
- Bringing classical music out of the concert hall and into the art world!
- I discuss ‘Madchester’ with Dave Haslam
- Blank Media Collective Projector Series
Tag Archives: Fleet Foxes
It is surely a challenge for any director, to make a play, first performed over four centuries ago, understandable and relevant to a modern day audience. Yet, under Toby Frow’s direction, Christopher Marlowe’s Edward II at the Royal Exchange Theatre, … Continue reading
108/257 When I reviewed the Helplessness Blues single before the release of the same titled album, I quoted Alan Corr who said that the harmonising ones make “music as multi-layered as a forest floor and as textured as ancient bark”. … Continue reading
104/261 I am still recovering from a fantastic weekend in the Lake District. By still recovering, I mean, still struggling to come to terms with the fact that I have to get up and… work, rather than get up, ride … Continue reading
103/262 Summer 2008 is remembered in a beautiful haze of Fleet Fox fuelled picnics and magical garden parties. Before Mumford and Sons made it official, Fleet Foxes were persuading us that yes, whether we thought it or not, folk was … Continue reading
54/311 A hoax or not a hoax… who the hell cares? As one of the many Banksy cohorts says near the end of Exit Through the Gift Shop “The joke is on… I don’t even know if there is a … Continue reading