I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Manchester's Finest & I write for Guardian Northerner and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- RT @ParisLees: Working class white girl here from the East Midlands. I hate what you symbolise @Official_EDL, you don't represent me or the… 2 days ago
- RT @BlankMedia: And submissions for the #equals publication are welcome from illustrators/essayists/photographers/poets/writers http://t.co… 2 days ago
- RT @BlankMedia: A reminder that the call-out for contributors for the #equals event includes musicians/performers/video artists http://t.co… 2 days ago
- Ah people who complain about the "PC Brigade" really do tend to be #sexist and/or #racist #bigots time to #unfriend 2 days ago
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
- The Country Wife at the Royal Exchange
- I interview Shell Zenner – The godmother of new music
- Bringing classical music out of the concert hall and into the art world!
- I discuss ‘Madchester’ with Dave Haslam
- Blank Media Collective Projector Series
Tag Archives: Lady Behave
115/250 Having been listening to Belong by The Pains of Being Pure At Heart on repeat for well over a month now (nicely alternated with Feel It Break by Austra, another on my must see list), I was as giddy … Continue reading
112/253 Freshly disappointed from a cruel outbid on ebay, and having had my monthly vintage fires stoked at May’s Vintage Village (that sounds so wrong) I awake this morning full of vim, vigour and vimto, in other words, enthusiasm to … Continue reading
109/256 Every second Sunday of the month Stockport’s Vintage Village sets up shop in the fantastically sun spilled old market hall. I have written about it before, and love it dearly, yet unfortunately, due to Campervan distractions, missed last month’s. … Continue reading
72/293 As promised yesterday when ranting on about how admitting to watching a lot of TV was as socially acceptable as admitting to downing LSD with special brew (or something equally un-tasteful), as soon as the chance arose, I snuggled … Continue reading
65/300 I’ve just watched Come Dine With Me. A prime time show that simultaneously feeds my totally crap TV need whilst serving up lashings of social insight into the lives, opinions and generally odd qualities of people in this country. … Continue reading
38/327 A couple of weeks ago I wrote about My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. My main issue was how the fuss being made over the heavy-weight wedding dresses, porno outfits and spray tans was in fact tackily glossing over the … Continue reading