I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Manchester's Finest & I write for Guardian Northerner and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- very boring tweet I know but do like to share my baking dilemmas with everyone when there's nobody about to see my dramatics! #bakingdrama 1 day ago
- Going to use whole milk instead of the full amount of yoghurt in my soda bread. Guessing ill regret this! 1 day ago
- How is it possible not to get up and dance to Michael Jackson #smoothcriminal #dirtydiana Good choice @KevBurkeGuitar 1 day ago
- Whoever is seeing @bipolarsunshine tonight at @AntwerpMansion will have a great night!!! Gutted I can't catch any of his Manchester dates :( 3 days ago
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
- The Country Wife at the Royal Exchange
- I interview Shell Zenner – The godmother of new music
- Bringing classical music out of the concert hall and into the art world!
- I discuss ‘Madchester’ with Dave Haslam
- Blank Media Collective Projector Series
Tag Archives: Mountain Bike
104/261 I am still recovering from a fantastic weekend in the Lake District. By still recovering, I mean, still struggling to come to terms with the fact that I have to get up and… work, rather than get up, ride … Continue reading
97/268 I have always had a vintage bug, an addiction I feed happily with regular vintage market jaunts (heroin) and charity shop visits (methadone). However, due to unforeseen circumstances (serious words for serious times), I found myself out of new … Continue reading
79/286 Following the general floaty euphoric state the Elbow gig left us in this weekend, we had a bit of a shock last night to discover the clocks had gone forward. It is nothing new for me and my other … Continue reading
76/289 Making the most of the sunshine, yesterday after working, me and my partner decided we’d get kitted up and go off for a decent mountain bike up in the peaks. It’s great living so close (well 45 mins away) … Continue reading
71/294 I read an interesting thing in the Observer magazine this morning. Yes I do a lot of that, reading interesting things in the paper and then talking about it. However this is a respectable thing to do, and one … Continue reading