I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance Curator & Writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Arts & Music Editor for Manchester's Finest & I write for Independent Voices, Guardian Northerner, Telegraph and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a completely irrelevant picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- RT @LunikAudion: By sharing sensationalist news, even in disgust, you're helping trash papers make revenue from advertising. STOP! #Revolu… 10 hours ago
- RT @GreatMenUK: Want to find out more about the work of the Great Men project? Check out our website: ow.ly/rBmwa 10 hours ago
- RT @AbjectArt: 'APPY EFFIN' CHRISTMAS! #christmascard @islingtonmill @Fat_Out @2KoiKarp @horseloaf @TermCheesecake http://t.co/h6HA7LsqPX 12 hours ago
- RT @CCriadoPerez: #feministheels. Not all choices are feminist choices. That doesn't mean if you make that choice you are an evil bad femin… 13 hours ago
- Hope, humour and the human endeavor!
- This homogenised pornified sexuality is far from liberating, and pop is taking it mainstream!
- How can the battle of the sexes ever resolve while the battle for real sex education is raging
- Sartorial brass!
- While Michael Gove would rather not see, hear or speak about sex education, young people are getting theirs online!
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
Tag Archives: Prince
Far from pushing boundaries, what the recent spate of pop videos show are women well and truly towing the line. Miley Cyrus! I thought I’d get the name out there straight away so you can be done with rolling your … Continue reading
53/312 London Fashion Week is already a distant memory, gone in a haze of goodie bags and blisters (for those in the know) and fash mag spreads and insider tweets (for us saddos not in the know). What seems to … Continue reading
50/315 In the Telegraph today, Lucy Jones, commenting on the news that U2 were set to headline the forthcoming festival asked “Has the festival lost its edge?” It seems the three headliners are now set to be Coldplay, Beyonce and … Continue reading
47/318 London Fashion Week is drawing to a close – the event that has been hogging our fashion mag spreads and arts & culture headlines. Whilst I would like to say I am so in the know that I have … Continue reading
39/326 I have always loved Gary Numan. I have no idea where that has come from as I don’t recall any of my older siblings listening to him and he had his heyday before I was old enough to say … Continue reading
29/336 “Mmm he’s a bit weird isn’t he, he freaks me out” someone said the other day in the pub in reference to none other than Boy George. Now while weird and freaks me out are terms of endearment from … Continue reading
19/346 I am in a pathetic, sorry state. Having had a sinus infection for well over three weeks now (yes when the glass is half empty it’s well over), I have developed a total hysterical hunger for action. Whilst ill … Continue reading
7/358 I was writing yesterday about my need for some new music. My dire need for the new has sent me hurtling back to the most interesting in my musical history. Primarily this week, Prince. Oh the youthful joys of … Continue reading
6/359 I am a self-confessed music obsessive and probably not in the so-called ‘cool’ way. I am an enthusiastic repeater with things that I like, in fact I suspect the repeat button was made with me in mind. With films … Continue reading