I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Manchester's Finest & I write for Guardian Northerner and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- Must have read approx 9 million articles today and my eyes are completely ready to shut #timeforbed #damnititsmidafternoon 3 hours ago
- RT @katielizawright: If you're a lady wanting to mentor young girls with @TheGirlsNet or know someone who would, sign up ASAP here: http://… 3 hours ago
- RT @NoMorePage3: Loads of support over on the petition today guys! Thank you!! 102685 sigs and counting!! change.org/en-GB/petition… 3 hours ago
- RT @BlankMedia: Deadline reminder Call-out for exhibition/book/event. Artists: tinyurl.com/d7lcgvr & contributors tinyurl.com/cefpea5… 4 hours ago
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
- The Country Wife at the Royal Exchange
- I interview Shell Zenner – The godmother of new music
- Bringing classical music out of the concert hall and into the art world!
- I discuss ‘Madchester’ with Dave Haslam
- Blank Media Collective Projector Series
Tag Archives: R.E.M
80/285 Following on from their self-titled debut album Friendly Fires are set to release their nemesis second album. Pala, on the 15th May 2011. Their first release let loose a set of respectably decent, though far from ground breaking, electro/indie … Continue reading
74/291 Within what feels like minutes, people all over facebook and twitter have changed their profile pics to various beautiful images of Elizabeth Taylor; people are tweeting humorous quotes by her; YouTube clips of her finest film moments are posted … Continue reading
66/299 Three days ago I was writing about the joys of vintage. Ah, those were the days when my head was full of inventive outfit ideas and unusually tacky 80s fabrics. Two days ago I was at a fantastic vintage … Continue reading
60/305 Jessica Reed from the Guardian’s Comment Is Free, kindly tweeted about a piece today written by feminist writer Jill Filipovic, for Comment is Free America. In her article Traditional marriage is dead. Let’s celebrate which basically explored how “A … Continue reading
59/306 It’s not only International Women’s Day, but today actually marks the centenary of International Women’s Day. That’s right, for 100 years the world has been celebrating the achievements of women and acknowledging their contribution towards all that is good … Continue reading
58/307 Having thoroughly enjoyed 2008’s Accelarate I have been eagerly awaiting R.E.M.’s 15th studio album, close to their 30th anniversary as a band. I liked that Accelarate was a direct punch-in-your-face response to what can only be described as an … Continue reading
56/309 Days before the excitedly anticipated forthcoming R.E.M album Collapse into Now (I am both over-excited and anticipating much greatness), R.E.M HQ, the official band website, release the news of the Collapse into Now Film Project. To work alongside the … Continue reading
46/319 Considering they’ve been going since 2007, I have only just today heard of The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, courtesy of on-the-pulse DJ Michelle Zenner via Twitter. Their new single Belong was released on iTunes yesterday and is … Continue reading
42/323 Oh joy of joys, on a par only with discovering that there is indeed a biscuit in the biscuit bear despite not adding any to it for months, and it is not even off, just when I want one … Continue reading
6/359 I am a self-confessed music obsessive and probably not in the so-called ‘cool’ way. I am an enthusiastic repeater with things that I like, in fact I suspect the repeat button was made with me in mind. With films … Continue reading