I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Manchester's Finest & I write for Guardian Northerner and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- very boring tweet I know but do like to share my baking dilemmas with everyone when there's nobody about to see my dramatics! #bakingdrama 22 hours ago
- Going to use whole milk instead of the full amount of yoghurt in my soda bread. Guessing ill regret this! 22 hours ago
- How is it possible not to get up and dance to Michael Jackson #smoothcriminal #dirtydiana Good choice @KevBurkeGuitar 1 day ago
- Whoever is seeing @bipolarsunshine tonight at @AntwerpMansion will have a great night!!! Gutted I can't catch any of his Manchester dates :( 2 days ago
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
- The Country Wife at the Royal Exchange
- I interview Shell Zenner – The godmother of new music
- Bringing classical music out of the concert hall and into the art world!
- I discuss ‘Madchester’ with Dave Haslam
- Blank Media Collective Projector Series
Tag Archives: Sexism
113/252 Seeing as though this month’s fash mags are full of outfits and styles I actually find rather cool, I am left with no alternative but to head elsewhere for my read and rant desires. This sick need, like that … Continue reading
95/270 When John Lennon wrote Imagine, he offered us plenty of food for thought, and lots to think about, and loads of other utopian style clichés that generally seem simultaneously both a really good idea and pretty much unattainable. You … Continue reading
76/289 Making the most of the sunshine, yesterday after working, me and my partner decided we’d get kitted up and go off for a decent mountain bike up in the peaks. It’s great living so close (well 45 mins away) … Continue reading
59/306 It’s not only International Women’s Day, but today actually marks the centenary of International Women’s Day. That’s right, for 100 years the world has been celebrating the achievements of women and acknowledging their contribution towards all that is good … Continue reading
38/327 A couple of weeks ago I wrote about My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. My main issue was how the fuss being made over the heavy-weight wedding dresses, porno outfits and spray tans was in fact tackily glossing over the … Continue reading
27/338 All around the twittersphere today was discussion of Rihanna’s new video S&M, the fourth single from her album Loud. Many people were bitching about it, yet they had all watched it a good couple of times to enable them … Continue reading