I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance Curator & Writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Arts & Music Editor for Manchester's Finest & I write for Independent Voices, Guardian Northerner, Telegraph and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a completely irrelevant picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- @lauralei1lucky you sounds a lot easier ;) 32 minutes ago
- RT @cosmicgirlie: *Wonders how many wedding photographers there are in the UK* #WeddingHour 38 minutes ago
- Must I ALWAYS be the pissed person on the train listening to @bjork thinking it's absolutely brilliant #yesanneyoumust 41 minutes ago
- FFS @Skype just HOW complex does a password have to be??? Just want to sign it FFS!!!!!! *screams into middle distance* 7 hours ago
- Hope, humour and the human endeavor!
- This homogenised pornified sexuality is far from liberating, and pop is taking it mainstream!
- How can the battle of the sexes ever resolve while the battle for real sex education is raging
- Sartorial brass!
- While Michael Gove would rather not see, hear or speak about sex education, young people are getting theirs online!
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
Tag Archives: Sexism
113/252 Seeing as though this month’s fash mags are full of outfits and styles I actually find rather cool, I am left with no alternative but to head elsewhere for my read and rant desires. This sick need, like that … Continue reading
95/270 When John Lennon wrote Imagine, he offered us plenty of food for thought, and lots to think about, and loads of other utopian style clichés that generally seem simultaneously both a really good idea and pretty much unattainable. You … Continue reading
76/289 Making the most of the sunshine, yesterday after working, me and my partner decided we’d get kitted up and go off for a decent mountain bike up in the peaks. It’s great living so close (well 45 mins away) … Continue reading
59/306 It’s not only International Women’s Day, but today actually marks the centenary of International Women’s Day. That’s right, for 100 years the world has been celebrating the achievements of women and acknowledging their contribution towards all that is good … Continue reading
38/327 A couple of weeks ago I wrote about My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. My main issue was how the fuss being made over the heavy-weight wedding dresses, porno outfits and spray tans was in fact tackily glossing over the … Continue reading
27/338 All around the twittersphere today was discussion of Rihanna’s new video S&M, the fourth single from her album Loud. Many people were bitching about it, yet they had all watched it a good couple of times to enable them … Continue reading