I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Manchester's Finest & I write for Guardian Northerner and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- RT @ParisLees: Working class white girl here from the East Midlands. I hate what you symbolise @Official_EDL, you don't represent me or the… 1 day ago
- RT @BlankMedia: And submissions for the #equals publication are welcome from illustrators/essayists/photographers/poets/writers http://t.co… 1 day ago
- RT @BlankMedia: A reminder that the call-out for contributors for the #equals event includes musicians/performers/video artists http://t.co… 1 day ago
- Ah people who complain about the "PC Brigade" really do tend to be #sexist and/or #racist #bigots time to #unfriend 1 day ago
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
- The Country Wife at the Royal Exchange
- I interview Shell Zenner – The godmother of new music
- Bringing classical music out of the concert hall and into the art world!
- I discuss ‘Madchester’ with Dave Haslam
- Blank Media Collective Projector Series
Tag Archives: the Independent
95/270 When John Lennon wrote Imagine, he offered us plenty of food for thought, and lots to think about, and loads of other utopian style clichés that generally seem simultaneously both a really good idea and pretty much unattainable. You … Continue reading
87/278 Colleges are awash with rakish teens wearing over-sized checked shirts, ripped denims and chunky boots. Yet it was 17 years ago yesterday that Kurt Cobain killed himself. So there are kids (I now use that word with an acute … Continue reading
52/313 The best response to the news that Anti-gay Christian couple lose battle to become foster parents was: “Good. I have a LOT of religious tolerance but only for tolerant religions,” by random commenter Chris Horner. I couldn’t have put … Continue reading
38/327 A couple of weeks ago I wrote about My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. My main issue was how the fuss being made over the heavy-weight wedding dresses, porno outfits and spray tans was in fact tackily glossing over the … Continue reading
37/328 I won’t start this the same way every single article about The Vaccines begins (on everybody’s lips, media industry frenzy, band comparisons, eagerly awaited album) because that in itself is the boring problem. Yet in a way you cannot … Continue reading