I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance Curator & Writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Arts & Music Editor for Manchester's Finest & I write for Independent Voices, Guardian Northerner, Telegraph and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a completely irrelevant picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- Why is it 11degrees? Sort of resent it when I keep finding myself on busy trains in my winter coat! 7 hours ago
- RT @DJstewartwho: Thought @suzanne_moore nailed it pretty sharp on the topic of #ketamine & the debate around #drugs. *applause*: http://t.… 10 hours ago
- Who is playing in town? My train station is FULL of school kids (mainly female) 10 hours ago
- Well we have a christmas tree, just no time yet to decorate it #festivefrustrations 17 hours ago
- Hope, humour and the human endeavor!
- This homogenised pornified sexuality is far from liberating, and pop is taking it mainstream!
- How can the battle of the sexes ever resolve while the battle for real sex education is raging
- Sartorial brass!
- While Michael Gove would rather not see, hear or speak about sex education, young people are getting theirs online!
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
Tag Archives: the Independent
95/270 When John Lennon wrote Imagine, he offered us plenty of food for thought, and lots to think about, and loads of other utopian style clichés that generally seem simultaneously both a really good idea and pretty much unattainable. You … Continue reading
87/278 Colleges are awash with rakish teens wearing over-sized checked shirts, ripped denims and chunky boots. Yet it was 17 years ago yesterday that Kurt Cobain killed himself. So there are kids (I now use that word with an acute … Continue reading
52/313 The best response to the news that Anti-gay Christian couple lose battle to become foster parents was: “Good. I have a LOT of religious tolerance but only for tolerant religions,” by random commenter Chris Horner. I couldn’t have put … Continue reading
38/327 A couple of weeks ago I wrote about My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. My main issue was how the fuss being made over the heavy-weight wedding dresses, porno outfits and spray tans was in fact tackily glossing over the … Continue reading
37/328 I won’t start this the same way every single article about The Vaccines begins (on everybody’s lips, media industry frenzy, band comparisons, eagerly awaited album) because that in itself is the boring problem. Yet in a way you cannot … Continue reading