I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Manchester's Finest & I write for Guardian Northerner and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- RT @ParisLees: Working class white girl here from the East Midlands. I hate what you symbolise @Official_EDL, you don't represent me or the… 1 day ago
- RT @BlankMedia: And submissions for the #equals publication are welcome from illustrators/essayists/photographers/poets/writers http://t.co… 1 day ago
- RT @BlankMedia: A reminder that the call-out for contributors for the #equals event includes musicians/performers/video artists http://t.co… 1 day ago
- Ah people who complain about the "PC Brigade" really do tend to be #sexist and/or #racist #bigots time to #unfriend 1 day ago
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
- The Country Wife at the Royal Exchange
- I interview Shell Zenner – The godmother of new music
- Bringing classical music out of the concert hall and into the art world!
- I discuss ‘Madchester’ with Dave Haslam
- Blank Media Collective Projector Series
Tag Archives: Valentine’s Day
59/306 It’s not only International Women’s Day, but today actually marks the centenary of International Women’s Day. That’s right, for 100 years the world has been celebrating the achievements of women and acknowledging their contribution towards all that is good … Continue reading
33/332 Hurrah, it’s National Marriage Week. I love a good marriage, well a wedding at least, they’re ace. A great opportunity for a party, drink, food and loads of people to talk rubbish to. All yay there then. I also … Continue reading
32/333 I complained about the boredom of fashion mags around Valentine’s Day a week or so ago. It is dull to have fashion spreads replaced by photos of bra and knicker sets, especially if they aren’t even shown on a … Continue reading
14/351 I hate fashion magazines in January. With mags always working a month ahead, all of January’s content revolves around February’s events… and the only thing of any interest to the fashion loving reader in February is apparently Valentine’s Day. … Continue reading