I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance Curator & Writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Arts & Music Editor for Manchester's Finest & I write for Independent Voices, Guardian Northerner, Telegraph and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a completely irrelevant picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- RT @HistoricalPics: "If you have one foot in yesterday and one foot in tomorrow, you're pissing all over today." - Michael J. Fox http://t.… 15 hours ago
- roast potatoes are ALWAYS a good idea hey @KevBurkeGuitar #sundaydinner 17 hours ago
- Had an AMAZING time last, festivities with @KevBurkeGuitar & clan. @taurusbar was SO bustling, @Le_Nosh & co couldn't have done more! 18 hours ago
- RT @jonnohopkins: How to get my girlfriend up. vine.co/v/hQepbqZpxMr 18 hours ago
- Hope, humour and the human endeavor!
- This homogenised pornified sexuality is far from liberating, and pop is taking it mainstream!
- How can the battle of the sexes ever resolve while the battle for real sex education is raging
- Sartorial brass!
- While Michael Gove would rather not see, hear or speak about sex education, young people are getting theirs online!
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
Tag Archives: Vintage
111/254 Freshly spoilt from the luxury of vintage market shopping on Sunday I began today to feel the pangs of vintage withdrawal. Having worn, for the third day running, my beautiful £10 vintage dress (hygiene is nothing, style is everything), … Continue reading
99/266 I am an avid hat lover. In fact it doesn’t just have to be a hat; a beautiful or bizarre band, fantastic fascinator, horrendous headpiece or even just hugely backcombed and ribbonned hair is good to me. A fantastic … Continue reading
97/268 I have always had a vintage bug, an addiction I feed happily with regular vintage market jaunts (heroin) and charity shop visits (methadone). However, due to unforeseen circumstances (serious words for serious times), I found myself out of new … Continue reading
93/272 The past fortnight has been a rushed one. Before we could finish the sentence “Maybe a holiday abroad would be nice this year”, we had Florence and Tuscany booked, paid for and pretty much all planned. I do tend … Continue reading
73/292 Pinging into my email this morning was news that River Island are re-launching the iconic Chelsea Girl label. For those of you who think Chelsea Girl is an over-enthusiastic supporter with a penchant for wearing footy strips, think again. … Continue reading
69/296 Today the sun was shining and I felt like spring. Still basking in recent Vintage Village Market success, I jaunted off to the charity shops simply knowing I was going to come back with bags loaded. Such optimism usually … Continue reading