I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Manchester's Finest & I write for Guardian Northerner and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- RT @ParisLees: Working class white girl here from the East Midlands. I hate what you symbolise @Official_EDL, you don't represent me or the… 2 days ago
- RT @BlankMedia: And submissions for the #equals publication are welcome from illustrators/essayists/photographers/poets/writers http://t.co… 2 days ago
- RT @BlankMedia: A reminder that the call-out for contributors for the #equals event includes musicians/performers/video artists http://t.co… 2 days ago
- Ah people who complain about the "PC Brigade" really do tend to be #sexist and/or #racist #bigots time to #unfriend 2 days ago
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
- The Country Wife at the Royal Exchange
- I interview Shell Zenner – The godmother of new music
- Bringing classical music out of the concert hall and into the art world!
- I discuss ‘Madchester’ with Dave Haslam
- Blank Media Collective Projector Series
Tag Archives: Vintage
111/254 Freshly spoilt from the luxury of vintage market shopping on Sunday I began today to feel the pangs of vintage withdrawal. Having worn, for the third day running, my beautiful £10 vintage dress (hygiene is nothing, style is everything), … Continue reading
99/266 I am an avid hat lover. In fact it doesn’t just have to be a hat; a beautiful or bizarre band, fantastic fascinator, horrendous headpiece or even just hugely backcombed and ribbonned hair is good to me. A fantastic … Continue reading
97/268 I have always had a vintage bug, an addiction I feed happily with regular vintage market jaunts (heroin) and charity shop visits (methadone). However, due to unforeseen circumstances (serious words for serious times), I found myself out of new … Continue reading
93/272 The past fortnight has been a rushed one. Before we could finish the sentence “Maybe a holiday abroad would be nice this year”, we had Florence and Tuscany booked, paid for and pretty much all planned. I do tend … Continue reading
73/292 Pinging into my email this morning was news that River Island are re-launching the iconic Chelsea Girl label. For those of you who think Chelsea Girl is an over-enthusiastic supporter with a penchant for wearing footy strips, think again. … Continue reading
69/296 Today the sun was shining and I felt like spring. Still basking in recent Vintage Village Market success, I jaunted off to the charity shops simply knowing I was going to come back with bags loaded. Such optimism usually … Continue reading