I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Manchester's Finest & I write for Guardian Northerner and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- Right twittists: Going to Ullswater, want to take iPad, discovered that o2 have NO reception in Whitby, how about the lakes? 13 hours ago
- RT @BlankMedia: @misterenderby Call-out for #feminism exhibition/book/event. Artists: tinyurl.com/d7lcgvr & Contributors: http://t.co/0r… 16 hours ago
- RT @Artzu: RT @blankmedia: @Artzu Call-out for exhibition/book/event. Artists: tinyurl.com/d7lcgvr & contributors tinyurl.com/cefpea5 16 hours ago
- RT @stridentfemnst: Your ad is on a page that promotes rape, @audible_com. Will you still advertise with @Facebook? #fbrape http://t.co/Cdz… 16 hours ago
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
- The Accrington Pals, Royal Exchange Manchester. Bitter, brutal and beautiful!
- Rats’ Tales at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre
- The Country Wife at the Royal Exchange
- I interview Shell Zenner – The godmother of new music
- Bringing classical music out of the concert hall and into the art world!
- I discuss ‘Madchester’ with Dave Haslam
- Blank Media Collective Projector Series
Tag Archives: Wounded Rhymes
92/273 Cat’s Eyes is the collaborative debut of Faris Badwan from The Horrors and Italian-Canadian soprano, composer and multi-instrumentalist Rachel Zeffira. Their self-titled debut album was released yesterday (11th April). Inspired by the whole Phil Spector Wall Of Sound, the … Continue reading
69/296 Today the sun was shining and I felt like spring. Still basking in recent Vintage Village Market success, I jaunted off to the charity shops simply knowing I was going to come back with bags loaded. Such optimism usually … Continue reading
60/305 Jessica Reed from the Guardian’s Comment Is Free, kindly tweeted about a piece today written by feminist writer Jill Filipovic, for Comment is Free America. In her article Traditional marriage is dead. Let’s celebrate which basically explored how “A … Continue reading
55/310 Following on from the highly acclaimed, though barely heard, of Youth Novels (2008), Wounded Rhymes, released 25th February 2011, makes for a concise, complete and progressively strong second album by Swedish songstress Lykke Li. It takes the distinct, spacious, … Continue reading