I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance Curator & Writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Arts & Music Editor for Manchester's Finest & I write for Independent Voices, Guardian Northerner, Telegraph and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a completely irrelevant picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- I love our @ntlymepark @ntlymepark runs! Chasing @kevburkeguitar around the paths and hills… instagram.com/p/BBPZPpxEcms/ 2 days ago
- RT @TheGregling: Let me guide you through this year's #QueerContact festival line-up...! manhattanchester.blogspot.com/2016/01/queer-… @ContactMcr #LGBT #Manches… 3 days ago
- This looks fantastic! twitter.com/ContactMcr/sta… 3 days ago
- RT @creativetourist: NEW! In honour of @WonderWomenMcr-MCR's best activist organisations+how to get involved: bit.ly/23t8foZ https… 3 days ago
- Support for victims of trafficking should surely be void of titillation!
- Evolved and imaginatively devolving – We have to be careful the facts do not hide the truth!
- Hope, humour and the human endeavor!
- This homogenised pornified sexuality is far from liberating, and pop is taking it mainstream!
- How can the battle of the sexes ever resolve while the battle for real sex education is raging
- Sartorial brass!
- While Michael Gove would rather not see, hear or speak about sex education, young people are getting theirs online!
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
Monthly Archives: January 2011
23/342 The woeful lament mumbled by many a fancily glad singleton over the years is to me a cause for celebration itself. The idea of helping to organise an event that is not your own is like getting to eat … Continue reading
22/343 It’s as obvious as saying that snow is cold as it is to say the Beatles were an amazing band. The priceless, combo (sounds more like a burger deal) writing partnership of John Lennon and Paul McCartney is according … Continue reading
21/344 There is something deeply disturbing about the Daily Mail (yes I know the sentence should end there) and its obsessive condemnation of women with… wait for it… Tattoos! The most recent victim was regular journo-fodder Cheryl Cole, who underneath … Continue reading
20/345 The hot topic on several non-serious news sites this morning was the story of the US supermarket Harps, who placed a ‘Family shield. To protect young Harps shoppers’ in front of a magazine picturing Elton John, David Furnish and … Continue reading
19/346 I am in a pathetic, sorry state. Having had a sinus infection for well over three weeks now (yes when the glass is half empty it’s well over), I have developed a total hysterical hunger for action. Whilst ill … Continue reading
Keep on running 18/347 I, more than most experience the loneliness of the long distance runner. This loneliness is nothing to do with steaming off ahead, in your own world, miles and minutes away from everyone else around you. No, … Continue reading