I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance Curator & Writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Arts & Music Editor for Manchester's Finest & I write for Independent Voices, Guardian Northerner, Telegraph and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a completely irrelevant picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- Caught up with 'The Outcast' on BBC and it was really good. #outcast 11 hours ago
- RT @Fruitandvegdon: Public ownership of railways? RT for yes, Favourite for no. http://t.co/mORwAOxlRT 11 hours ago
- RT @forbookssake: While on the topic, why not share the local bookshop love? Tell us all about your favourite! #indiebookshops 11 hours ago
- RT @HOME_mcr: Are you aged 15 - 25 and into film, theatre and art? Give @HYCmanchester a follow for news on workshops, projects and more... 11 hours ago
- Support for victims of trafficking should surely be void of titillation!
- Evolved and imaginatively devolving – We have to be careful the facts do not hide the truth!
- Hope, humour and the human endeavor!
- This homogenised pornified sexuality is far from liberating, and pop is taking it mainstream!
- How can the battle of the sexes ever resolve while the battle for real sex education is raging
- Sartorial brass!
- While Michael Gove would rather not see, hear or speak about sex education, young people are getting theirs online!
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
Monthly Archives: February 2011
51/314 “The British film industry really stretches itself by making a film about a posh bloke with a stammer” or, “Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, underdog does good, big yawn” are the types of geeky tweets about the Oscar news today. This … Continue reading
50/315 In the Telegraph today, Lucy Jones, commenting on the news that U2 were set to headline the forthcoming festival asked “Has the festival lost its edge?” It seems the three headliners are now set to be Coldplay, Beyonce and … Continue reading
49/316 Cooking is, without a doubt therapeutic. I’m not talking about the usual making the tea routine that you struggle to fit into your daily to-do list that never, ever all gets done. I’m talking about cooking for cooking’s sake. … Continue reading
47/318 London Fashion Week is drawing to a close – the event that has been hogging our fashion mag spreads and arts & culture headlines. Whilst I would like to say I am so in the know that I have … Continue reading
46/319 Considering they’ve been going since 2007, I have only just today heard of The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, courtesy of on-the-pulse DJ Michelle Zenner via Twitter. Their new single Belong was released on iTunes yesterday and is … Continue reading