I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance Curator & Writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Arts & Music Editor for Manchester's Finest & I write for Independent Voices, Guardian Northerner, Telegraph and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a completely irrelevant picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- Absolutely beautiful ride out this morning with @musicsoundarts Beautiful! #mountainbike #orange… instagram.com/p/6PL4mckchu/ 3 hours ago
- Caught up with 'The Outcast' on BBC and it was really good. #outcast 16 hours ago
- RT @Fruitandvegdon: Public ownership of railways? RT for yes, Favourite for no. http://t.co/mORwAOxlRT 16 hours ago
- RT @forbookssake: While on the topic, why not share the local bookshop love? Tell us all about your favourite! #indiebookshops 17 hours ago
- Support for victims of trafficking should surely be void of titillation!
- Evolved and imaginatively devolving – We have to be careful the facts do not hide the truth!
- Hope, humour and the human endeavor!
- This homogenised pornified sexuality is far from liberating, and pop is taking it mainstream!
- How can the battle of the sexes ever resolve while the battle for real sex education is raging
- Sartorial brass!
- While Michael Gove would rather not see, hear or speak about sex education, young people are getting theirs online!
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
Monthly Archives: March 2011
81/284 People of a certain age will have jingle, jangle, jewellery, jewellery memories of Top Of The Pops, presented by Jimmy Saville. Others will have flicked and fond memories of Noel Edmonds or even more 80s inspired bad bleach dreams … Continue reading
80/285 Following on from their self-titled debut album Friendly Fires are set to release their nemesis second album. Pala, on the 15th May 2011. Their first release let loose a set of respectably decent, though far from ground breaking, electro/indie … Continue reading
79/286 Following the general floaty euphoric state the Elbow gig left us in this weekend, we had a bit of a shock last night to discover the clocks had gone forward. It is nothing new for me and my other … Continue reading
78/287 I have been looking forward to this gig for months. I wanted the tickets so bad I paid extra for them on ebay (not out of first choice obviously, I’m not that weird). In the week leading up to … Continue reading
77/288 I received a text this morning from my other lovely half saying I should look up Wouldn’t it be nice by the Beach Boys and have a listen. He said how much it reminded him of him and me … Continue reading
76/289 Making the most of the sunshine, yesterday after working, me and my partner decided we’d get kitted up and go off for a decent mountain bike up in the peaks. It’s great living so close (well 45 mins away) … Continue reading