I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance Curator & Writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Arts & Music Editor for Manchester's Finest & I write for Independent Voices, Guardian Northerner, Telegraph and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a completely irrelevant picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- I love our @ntlymepark @ntlymepark runs! Chasing @kevburkeguitar around the paths and hills… instagram.com/p/BBPZPpxEcms/ 2 days ago
- RT @TheGregling: Let me guide you through this year's #QueerContact festival line-up...! manhattanchester.blogspot.com/2016/01/queer-… @ContactMcr #LGBT #Manches… 3 days ago
- This looks fantastic! twitter.com/ContactMcr/sta… 3 days ago
- RT @creativetourist: NEW! In honour of @WonderWomenMcr-MCR's best activist organisations+how to get involved: bit.ly/23t8foZ https… 3 days ago
- Support for victims of trafficking should surely be void of titillation!
- Evolved and imaginatively devolving – We have to be careful the facts do not hide the truth!
- Hope, humour and the human endeavor!
- This homogenised pornified sexuality is far from liberating, and pop is taking it mainstream!
- How can the battle of the sexes ever resolve while the battle for real sex education is raging
- Sartorial brass!
- While Michael Gove would rather not see, hear or speak about sex education, young people are getting theirs online!
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
Monthly Archives: April 2012
On the whole, a play by Strindberg (1849-1912) is never going to be a day at the races, though if you count the two tragic deaths at this year’s Grand National, then maybe it is. A prolific writer who often … Continue reading
Manchester, the lovely city I live in, offers no end of fantastic and, usually, free art, to indulge in. Curators, practitioners and viewers range from the well versed and experienced, to the cutting-edge and emerging. It seems there is room … Continue reading
Having been sat waiting for a great new band/artist to come along for what seems like an aural age, suddenly three come along at once. One of these is No Ceremony. Now I know they’re from Manchester (as everyone who … Continue reading