I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance Curator & Writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Arts & Music Editor for Manchester's Finest & I write for Independent Voices, Guardian Northerner, Telegraph and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a completely irrelevant picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- I love our @ntlymepark @ntlymepark runs! Chasing @kevburkeguitar around the paths and hills… instagram.com/p/BBPZPpxEcms/ 1 day ago
- RT @TheGregling: Let me guide you through this year's #QueerContact festival line-up...! manhattanchester.blogspot.com/2016/01/queer-… @ContactMcr #LGBT #Manches… 2 days ago
- This looks fantastic! twitter.com/ContactMcr/sta… 2 days ago
- RT @creativetourist: NEW! In honour of @WonderWomenMcr-MCR's best activist organisations+how to get involved: bit.ly/23t8foZ https… 2 days ago
- Support for victims of trafficking should surely be void of titillation!
- Evolved and imaginatively devolving – We have to be careful the facts do not hide the truth!
- Hope, humour and the human endeavor!
- This homogenised pornified sexuality is far from liberating, and pop is taking it mainstream!
- How can the battle of the sexes ever resolve while the battle for real sex education is raging
- Sartorial brass!
- While Michael Gove would rather not see, hear or speak about sex education, young people are getting theirs online!
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
Monthly Archives: September 2012
Find a review of The Country Wife that doesn’t include the word romp and i’ll eat my hat (disclaimer: I totally wont). Don’t get me wrong, this restoration comedy is certainly full of frolics, fun and feistiness (and the implication … Continue reading
When I ask Shell Zenner to explain a bit about what she does, the first thing she replies with is “Well, I’m a bit of a new music obsessive”. Anyone who knows Shell Zenner and the work she does will … Continue reading
Following a fantastic summer of arts in Manchester, three students plan to further expand the musical and artistic landscape of the city. For the social butterflies amongst us, summer has been wonderfully rammed with artistic excitement. Organisations like Blank Media … Continue reading
What springs to mind when you imagine ‘Manchester’ music? The gospel according to google images is quite telling when you search the term. Similarly the immense success of this summers Stone Roses resurgence certainly demonstrates how closely we hold our … Continue reading
Anyone even semi-familiar with the Manchester art scene will be more than aware of Blank Media Collective. Whether it be in their Blankspace gallery on Hulme St, in their magazine Blankpages or on their website, Blank Media Collective have, since … Continue reading