I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance Curator & Writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Arts & Music Editor for Manchester's Finest & I write for Independent Voices, Guardian Northerner, Telegraph and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a completely irrelevant picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- I love our @ntlymepark @ntlymepark runs! Chasing @kevburkeguitar around the paths and hills… instagram.com/p/BBPZPpxEcms/ 2 days ago
- RT @TheGregling: Let me guide you through this year's #QueerContact festival line-up...! manhattanchester.blogspot.com/2016/01/queer-… @ContactMcr #LGBT #Manches… 3 days ago
- This looks fantastic! twitter.com/ContactMcr/sta… 3 days ago
- RT @creativetourist: NEW! In honour of @WonderWomenMcr-MCR's best activist organisations+how to get involved: bit.ly/23t8foZ https… 3 days ago
- Support for victims of trafficking should surely be void of titillation!
- Evolved and imaginatively devolving – We have to be careful the facts do not hide the truth!
- Hope, humour and the human endeavor!
- This homogenised pornified sexuality is far from liberating, and pop is taking it mainstream!
- How can the battle of the sexes ever resolve while the battle for real sex education is raging
- Sartorial brass!
- While Michael Gove would rather not see, hear or speak about sex education, young people are getting theirs online!
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
Author Archives: annelouisekershaw365
It is a good thing that The Sun wants to “Stop Slavery in the UK”, but we need to make sure rape is reported respectfully! Human trafficking and sexual exploitation is a huge national and global issue. You would think … Continue reading
A few weeks back research, scans and studies were ‘reveal’ing a hell of a lot of ‘neurosexism’. But why are scientists and click-happy media reporters so keen to spend their time evolving socially devolved theories? “Male and female brains wired … Continue reading
With a band name like Public Service Broadcasting and an album titled ‘Inform – Educate – Entertain’, it seems communication is essential to J. Wildgoose Esq and Wrigglesworth, the duo who make up Public Service Broadcasting. Yet considering this, they … Continue reading
Far from pushing boundaries, what the recent spate of pop videos show are women well and truly towing the line. Miley Cyrus! I thought I’d get the name out there straight away so you can be done with rolling your … Continue reading
The education secretary continues to overlook the campaign for better sex education. Yet how can the battle of the sexes ever resolve while the battle for real sex education is raging, and everything from pop to porn fills in the … Continue reading
Now we all want style on the cheap. If you don’t, and you’re happy to spend top-buck then go for it. I’d rather always save my pennies for cocktail plotting and city hopping! When I talk cheap, I am not … Continue reading
While Michael Gove would rather not see, hear or speak about sex education, young people are getting theirs online!
It seems everybody is wanting real sex! So ahead of the Education Secretary’s party conference speech, myself and two other campaigners dressed as the ‘three wise Michaels’ to campaign for better sex education. Porn, Porn Porn, Porn, Porn! It’s not … Continue reading