I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance Curator & Writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Arts & Music Editor for Manchester's Finest & I write for Independent Voices, Guardian Northerner, Telegraph and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a completely irrelevant picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- I love our @ntlymepark @ntlymepark runs! Chasing @kevburkeguitar around the paths and hills… instagram.com/p/BBPZPpxEcms/ 3 days ago
- RT @TheGregling: Let me guide you through this year's #QueerContact festival line-up...! manhattanchester.blogspot.com/2016/01/queer-… @ContactMcr #LGBT #Manches… 3 days ago
- This looks fantastic! twitter.com/ContactMcr/sta… 3 days ago
- RT @creativetourist: NEW! In honour of @WonderWomenMcr-MCR's best activist organisations+how to get involved: bit.ly/23t8foZ https… 3 days ago
- Support for victims of trafficking should surely be void of titillation!
- Evolved and imaginatively devolving – We have to be careful the facts do not hide the truth!
- Hope, humour and the human endeavor!
- This homogenised pornified sexuality is far from liberating, and pop is taking it mainstream!
- How can the battle of the sexes ever resolve while the battle for real sex education is raging
- Sartorial brass!
- While Michael Gove would rather not see, hear or speak about sex education, young people are getting theirs online!
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
Category Archives: News
It is a good thing that The Sun wants to “Stop Slavery in the UK”, but we need to make sure rape is reported respectfully! Human trafficking and sexual exploitation is a huge national and global issue. You would think … Continue reading
A few weeks back research, scans and studies were ‘reveal’ing a hell of a lot of ‘neurosexism’. But why are scientists and click-happy media reporters so keen to spend their time evolving socially devolved theories? “Male and female brains wired … Continue reading
While Michael Gove would rather not see, hear or speak about sex education, young people are getting theirs online!
It seems everybody is wanting real sex! So ahead of the Education Secretary’s party conference speech, myself and two other campaigners dressed as the ‘three wise Michaels’ to campaign for better sex education. Porn, Porn Porn, Porn, Porn! It’s not … Continue reading
At a recent social gathering there was a consensus of horror when I revealed my phone. It is a complete brick, a rubber one at that, for no matter how many times I have gone at its life, it has … Continue reading
74/291 Within what feels like minutes, people all over facebook and twitter have changed their profile pics to various beautiful images of Elizabeth Taylor; people are tweeting humorous quotes by her; YouTube clips of her finest film moments are posted … Continue reading
60/305 Jessica Reed from the Guardian’s Comment Is Free, kindly tweeted about a piece today written by feminist writer Jill Filipovic, for Comment is Free America. In her article Traditional marriage is dead. Let’s celebrate which basically explored how “A … Continue reading
52/313 The best response to the news that Anti-gay Christian couple lose battle to become foster parents was: “Good. I have a LOT of religious tolerance but only for tolerant religions,” by random commenter Chris Horner. I couldn’t have put … Continue reading