I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance Curator & Writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Arts & Music Editor for Manchester's Finest & I write for Independent Voices, Guardian Northerner, Telegraph and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a completely irrelevant picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- I love our @ntlymepark @ntlymepark runs! Chasing @kevburkeguitar around the paths and hills… instagram.com/p/BBPZPpxEcms/ 2 days ago
- RT @TheGregling: Let me guide you through this year's #QueerContact festival line-up...! manhattanchester.blogspot.com/2016/01/queer-… @ContactMcr #LGBT #Manches… 2 days ago
- This looks fantastic! twitter.com/ContactMcr/sta… 2 days ago
- RT @creativetourist: NEW! In honour of @WonderWomenMcr-MCR's best activist organisations+how to get involved: bit.ly/23t8foZ https… 2 days ago
- Support for victims of trafficking should surely be void of titillation!
- Evolved and imaginatively devolving – We have to be careful the facts do not hide the truth!
- Hope, humour and the human endeavor!
- This homogenised pornified sexuality is far from liberating, and pop is taking it mainstream!
- How can the battle of the sexes ever resolve while the battle for real sex education is raging
- Sartorial brass!
- While Michael Gove would rather not see, hear or speak about sex education, young people are getting theirs online!
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
Category Archives: Photography
For a group whose music seems to sit entirely outside of time, it is interesting to know that when recording their new album Your heart, it carries the sound, Last Harbour “wanted the album to come from somewhere, to be … Continue reading
Amidst a week of hail and sleet, facing the kind of cold concrete scapes that make it necessary to perma-wear your fella’s hoodie, I discovered at last some new music to inspire me. Being inclined towards the over-dramatics, I am … Continue reading
Oh the joys of pre-bought tickets. Last weekend started with Eggs Royal with my lovely friend Toni at Teacup in town. This was good because it meant a diary entry of “Toni, Teacup, 10”, (alliteratively meaning good conversation, warmth and … Continue reading
Amidst a week of ‘back to work’ and ‘January blues’ tweets came a sudden and unavoidable buzz amongst the creative Mancs in my network (in particular Debbie Manley who is the ‘what’s on’ font of all Mancunian knowledge. Statuses and … Continue reading
36/329 Now I know for someone who rages on about the negative points to marriage, I have, so far in this blog, written about weddings several times. I run the risk of mirroring one of those weirdo, prudish sticklers who … Continue reading
27/338 All around the twittersphere today was discussion of Rihanna’s new video S&M, the fourth single from her album Loud. Many people were bitching about it, yet they had all watched it a good couple of times to enable them … Continue reading