I’m Anne Louise Kershaw a freelance Curator & Writer; Music Editor of Blankpages and Arts & Music Editor for Manchester's Finest & I write for Independent Voices, Guardian Northerner, Telegraph and Clash Magazine amongst others . I'm Senior Editorial & Designer for Carel Press.
This is my blog where I write about music, theatre, fashion, arts & culture, gender & equality. Every time I blog I post a completely irrelevant picture because i'm obsessed with my camera.
- I love our @ntlymepark @ntlymepark runs! Chasing @kevburkeguitar around the paths and hills… instagram.com/p/BBPZPpxEcms/ 2 days ago
- RT @TheGregling: Let me guide you through this year's #QueerContact festival line-up...! manhattanchester.blogspot.com/2016/01/queer-… @ContactMcr #LGBT #Manches… 2 days ago
- This looks fantastic! twitter.com/ContactMcr/sta… 2 days ago
- RT @creativetourist: NEW! In honour of @WonderWomenMcr-MCR's best activist organisations+how to get involved: bit.ly/23t8foZ https… 2 days ago
- Support for victims of trafficking should surely be void of titillation!
- Evolved and imaginatively devolving – We have to be careful the facts do not hide the truth!
- Hope, humour and the human endeavor!
- This homogenised pornified sexuality is far from liberating, and pop is taking it mainstream!
- How can the battle of the sexes ever resolve while the battle for real sex education is raging
- Sartorial brass!
- While Michael Gove would rather not see, hear or speak about sex education, young people are getting theirs online!
- Exclusive interview with Skin from Skunk Anansie
- Twitter: Procrastination, productivity and pain
- The drawbacks of Twitter bitching
Category Archives: TV
81/284 People of a certain age will have jingle, jangle, jewellery, jewellery memories of Top Of The Pops, presented by Jimmy Saville. Others will have flicked and fond memories of Noel Edmonds or even more 80s inspired bad bleach dreams … Continue reading
72/293 As promised yesterday when ranting on about how admitting to watching a lot of TV was as socially acceptable as admitting to downing LSD with special brew (or something equally un-tasteful), as soon as the chance arose, I snuggled … Continue reading
71/294 I read an interesting thing in the Observer magazine this morning. Yes I do a lot of that, reading interesting things in the paper and then talking about it. However this is a respectable thing to do, and one … Continue reading
65/300 I’ve just watched Come Dine With Me. A prime time show that simultaneously feeds my totally crap TV need whilst serving up lashings of social insight into the lives, opinions and generally odd qualities of people in this country. … Continue reading
40/325 In Banksy goes to Hollywood in The Independent today was the news that the graffiti artist has again crossed the pond. As the Oscars draw closer, for which his film Exit Through the Gift Shop is nominated for Best … Continue reading
38/327 A couple of weeks ago I wrote about My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. My main issue was how the fuss being made over the heavy-weight wedding dresses, porno outfits and spray tans was in fact tackily glossing over the … Continue reading